Treatments for Looking Younger and Caring for Skin, Hair, and Nail Conditions
From Heather Brannon, MD, former About.com Guide
The treatment for some skin conditions is changing so rapidly, it's hard to know if you're missing out on a better option. But we still treat other skin conditions with the same medication we did years ago. Check out the treatment options for these skin conditions.
Atopic Dermatitis Treatment Options
We are learning more and more about the best ways to treat atopic dermatitis - the most common form of eczema. Atopic dermatitis is never cured, but it can be managed. Taking care of your atopic dermatitis means learning about condition, practicing good skin care, and having appropriate medicine for flare-ups.
- Medications for Atopic Dermatitis
- More About Topical Steroids
- Protopic and Elidel for Atopic Dermatitis
Spotlight on Herpes and Cold Sores
Anti-viral medications are used to treat herpes and cold sores (fever blisters). There are different medication choices for first outbreaks and recurrent ones.
- Considerations For Treating Herpes Outbreaks
- Genital Herpes Medications
- Medications for Cold Sores & Fever Blisters
Spotlight on Acne
Even though we're making advances in acne treatment, some of the old tried and true medications still work just as well as they used to.
- Antibiotics Used to Treat Acne
- Topical Antibiotics for Acne
- Miscellaneous Topical Medications for Acne