The Bottom Line
This book is a must read for anyone who has hair. The wealth of information about how the hair functions and how numerous products work is worth the price. Add the product reviews and it's a keeper.
- A candid review of over 125 hair-care lines
- Gives facts behind the hair-care hype
- Great explanations of how hair-care products work
- I can't stop looking up products I see advertised
- Explains tactics used by companies to sell their products
- Compiles and presents the latest research on hair-care products
- Describes in an understandable way the anatomy, biology, and chemistry of hair growth and hair loss
Guide Review - Don't Go Shopping for Hair Care Products Without Me, 2nd ed.
Paula Begoun draws on over 14 years of experience researching the cosmetic and hair-care industry to give an unbiased view of numerous hair-care products. I like this book because it contains factual information based on science, not on advertising. Im a big fan of knowledge. I think that we can make better decisions when we have the correct knowledge. This book provides easy to understand, but in-depth, information about every aspect of hair and hair care.