The Bottom Line
This book is a must read for anyone who buys cosmetics or skin-care products. It gives an unbiased view of these products and helps cut through the marketing hype associated with them.
- A candid review of over 240 cosmetics lines
- Gives the facts behind the cosmetics hype
- This is a big book
- Hard to discreetly reference at the counter
- Describes the conflict-of-interest surrounding the cosmetics industry.
- Gives the facts about skin care products backed by references to the research
- Product reviews of 240 cosmetics lines, baby skin-care products, and men's skin-care products
Guide Review - Don't Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me, 5th ed. by Paula Begoun
Paula Begoun draws on her 25 years of experience as a makeup artist and cosmetics researcher to bring you the facts about cosmetic and skin care products. She backs up her claims with research and references from 38 separate research sources. In the body of the text, she supports her claims with appropriate scientific references like you would see in a research paper. I found this book to be a refreshing look at the cosmetics industry that cuts through the hype to the facts.